One click installer

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Would it be possible for you guys to just have a downloadable binary? The installer puts it in my add/remove programs and our company is very strict about what we load on our machines and if it's not from Microsoft directly or something we have a license for, we get scolded. Just asking. Thanks.

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Sure, I can provide built binaries, though it won't be worth it to create a custom updater for these versions. Most likely I'll just provide a zipped binary drop, does that work?

Additionally you can simply enlist and build the tool from code (it's pretty much self contained), which may also work for you.

Thoughts?

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Sure a zipped binary drop is cool. I hope I'm not the only one who has problems like this. And yes I've sometimes downloaded source code and built the binary itself. I did that with SharpDevelop. I did install it by the way as it is now on my work machine but at some point I'll be told to uninstall it. Thanks for the reply.

By the way this is a great tool.

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I just pushed version 1.6 which includes the standalone binaries in a zip file (on the same download page). Let me know if you run into any issues with them!

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I was also able to download the source code and build it and run it off of that. Thanks again.