Windows 8.1 fresh install -> Unable to run. Required assembly Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM
On fresh install of Windows 8.1 with VS 2013 RC with WP SDK:

Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity Version 10.0.0.0 be installed in Global Assembly Cache
Sep 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM
I have that exact same issue.
Sep 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Did you all get a reply to this thread? I am getting the same error
Oct 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Same here.
Oct 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I got same problem, so sad.
Oct 22, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Installing Win 8 phone SDK from [here](https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/downloadsdk) helped me to get past this issue 
Oct 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Here are the steps to fix this issue
  1. Download the latest source code.
  2. In projects WindowsPhone.Tools and WindowsPhonePowerTools, remove the references to Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll and add "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity\v4.0_11.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll".
  3. In project WindowsPhone.Tools, remove the reference to Microsoft.Smartdevice.ConnectivityWrapper.10.dll.
  4. In RemoteAppIsoStoreItem.cs, remove “extern alias SmartDeviceConnectivityWrapper10;” at the beginning of the file.
  5. Again in RemoteAppIsoStoreItem.cs, find the following code and remove the else statement.
            if (remoteFileObject != null)
            {
                remoteFileObject.GetRemoteIsolatedStorageFile().DeleteFile(_path);
            }
    else
    {

}
You can check the following link for the source code with my quick fix if you don't want to go through the above steps:
https://wptools.codeplex.com/workitem/41
Oct 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Thank you for your manual!I have completed all the steps, and i can't start the "Windows phone power tools".How to start the program?
P.S. I really do not know much English, so sorry for some of the mistakes that I made.
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
If you mean debugging WindowsPhonePowerTools.exe in IDE, just ignore the warnings and run it. Or you can run it from Explorer directly. My quick fix does not cover other projects in the same solution.
Oct 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Thanks naturalwalker following your instruction I've solved the problem.
Nov 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I'm having another error, the application does not recognize my Windows Phone, I followed the steps you took and use yours and when trying to debug always says, except "Microsoft.smartdevice.connectivity.nonDeviceFound exception". because I said that, I use Visual Studio 2013.

ps: sorry for my English is not very good.
Nov 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Edited Nov 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Hi all, I compiled the source code and created a project for people who want an exe to pin to in their task bar/start page etc so you can grab it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/h4rhgo935m7/WPPowerTools_VS2013Compatible_Standalone_zip#

Cheers
Nov 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Hi, CheekyGhostApps it is not working for me, Iam Using WIndows 8.1, the WP Power Tools does not recognize my Windows Phone Device.
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:45 AM
MikeSetop wrote:
Hi, CheekyGhostApps it is not working for me, Iam Using WIndows 8.1, the WP Power Tools does not recognize my Windows Phone Device.
Hey there, my fix is just to get around the missing GAC dependency that the installer has!

Your issue is unrelated and is a device connectivity issue. If I had to have a guess, I'd suggest that perhaps you have not developer unlocked your phone?
Nov 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
My windows phone is unlocked as a developer, and therefore do not understand the reason that App Deployer does not recognize my Windows Phone, if you have any recomendation for me.
Nov 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
MikeSetop wrote:
My windows phone is unlocked as a developer, and therefore do not understand the reason that App Deployer does not recognize my Windows Phone, if you have any recomendation for me.
My only recommendation would be to factory reset the phone and then re dev unlock it! Failing that, you could try reaching out to someone at WPDev support or if it's a Nokia phone DVLUP.com and see if they can assist!
Nov 16, 2014 at 4:58 AM
NATURAL WALKER PLZ EXPLAIN IT CLEARLY AM NOT ABLE TO GO THROUGHT YOUR STEPS I AM USING WINDOWS 8.1 64
I AM NOT ABLE TO OPEN THE PROJECT, AND U ALSO TOLD THAT IF U DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH YOUR STEPS DOWNLOAD QUICK FIX
WHERE IS YOUR QUICK FIX APP
Mar 8, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM
I have solved the problem. The reason behind this error is that first you need to have Visual Studio installed on your Windows. I have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate with Update 4 installed on my PC. The Power Tools will install like charm if you have VS installed.

Still, the portable version provided by CheekyGhostApps should work fine, if you are not interested in installing VS (~6.5 GB file size).
Mar 9, 2015 at 6:22 AM
Thanks Deepak....ill try as you said

Regard,
Zaid hassan

Sent from my Windows Phone

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:27 AM
What is this portable version of CheekyGhostApps
Please send me the link if possible........ i didn't get what is this CheekyGhostApps?

Sorry but i am new to this...........

Sent from my Windows Phone

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:58 PM
zaidhassan wrote:
What is this portable version of CheekyGhostApps Please send me the link if possible........ i didn't get what is this CheekyGhostApps? Sorry but i am new to this........... Sent from my Windows Phone
See, it's there on this page only.... CheekyGhostApps is also a member on this thread.
To download the portable version of WP Power Tools by CGApps click HERE.
Jul 20, 2015 at 7:08 AM
CheekyGhostApps tancks for your wppt it solved me the problem “Microsoft.smartdevice.connectivity version 12 be installed in Global Assembly cache” i'm runing it on windows7 and need it just to install apps. thancks again from argentina
Sep 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2015 at 8:21 PM
i download the zip file provided by CheekyGhostApps from http://www.filefactory.com/file/h4rhgo935m7/WPPowerTools_VS2013Compatible_Standalone_zip#
and the tool is running but it can not detect some apps that installed on my windows phone 8.1 update.

the phone is registered. The app a beta version is downloaded from app store.

could i know why and how to solve it?