WPPT and appx

May 21, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Edited May 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Is this possible to build new version of Windows Phone Power Tools with support to install appx packages and new XAPs from WP8.1 to the WindowsApps directory on the phone?
Jul 10, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Can you give me test app with appx extension?
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Support for AppX installation is on the way - it's not as easy (in code) as in previous versions due to NGEN requirements. I'll be looking at invoking the command line to the install, look for an update during the week.
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Prophet wrote:
Can you give me test app with appx extension?
I can give you .appxbundle package, which is successfully installed with full SDK 8.1.
ThemePlus
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM
nachmore wrote:
Support for AppX installation is on the way - it's not as easy (in code) as in previous versions due to NGEN requirements. I'll be looking at invoking the command line to the install, look for an update during the week.
And can you make .appxbundle installation?
Aug 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM
I'm also interested in WPPT support for WP Universal App packages. I'm trying to work on supporting upgrading from a WP Silverlight app to a WP XAML app and WPPT is invaluable when it comes to examining storage and, more importantly, performing app upgrades!

Thanks for the great tool and I look forward to the updates.
Aug 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM
On further testing, it looks like deploying an APPX from VS2013 over an already-installed XAP does retain the app data. So it looks like WPPT doesn't necessarily need to implement APPX support as quickly as I needed it to :-).

Br,

Philip