These are the main features of Windows Phone Power Tools:

1. Install Developer XAPs
  2. Update Developer XAPs
  3. Upload / Download Files from IsolatedStorage
  4. Visual IsolatedStorage browser
  5. Uninstall Developer XAPs
  6. Detailed Device Information
  7. Develop App Control

But what means "Detailed Device Information" and "Develop App Control"?

Thanks for giving me a hint into the right direction and maybe adding some information to http://wptools.codeplex.com/documentation?

Keep up the nice work :)

Regards,
Harald-René Flasch (aka hfrmobile)

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Hey Harald-René (or is it Flasch? I couldn't find good information about Austrian names, no offence intended!),

"Detailed Device Information" is simply a dump of all of the information that we have about the specific device. You can get to it by clicking on the device name (top right) while connected (and expanding the "Information" expander)

"Devlop[er] App Control" (well spotted on the typo!) - as the rest of the text states, this simply means that you can launch and kill developer apps directly from the UI. This can be useful in demos or if you have a lot of developer apps which are all GUIDs it can be useful in distinguishing which app is which.

Regarding documentation, I might add a bit if I get a chance, otherwise I'd rather try to make the product a little clearer :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Oren

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:22 AM

First Name: Harald-René (Middle name, second first name: René)
Family Name: Flasch
Nick Name: hfrmobile

Thanks for clarification!

Does the "Detailed Device Information" work on not un-locked devices too?

--Harald-René Flasch (aka hfrmobile)

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Thanks for that Harald-René! :)

Unfortunately the detailed device information only works on unlocked devices (which are the only ones that we can connect to with the tools).

Cheers,

- Oren