Windows Phone Power Tools 1.6 (pre-8 legacy)
Other Available Downloads
Feb 8, 2012
- We now automagically retry the last action attempted when a device disconnect is detected (an extension of WI #16)
- Basic console version of the tools (useful for automation, and Peli) to unblock WI #17
- Added message for 0x89740005 - device unlock registration expired (WI #19)
- More metro style icons around the app including the file list, error dialog and connection dialog
- New metro style error dialog. All errors that are in message boxes will slowly move to this
- FEATURE REQUEST 17: If you disconnect from your device / the emulator while using the app we will attempt to reconnect (thanks Peli!)
- Since we use the device in so many places, we currently do not attempt to retry the current action. This may come in the future via a device object wrapper
- BUG: On some systems, double clicking on a file in the isostore explorer would launch the file twice
- BUG 16: We now catch CoreCon's OOM when attempting to install too many xaps or when trying to install a xap to a full device and display a friendly message (thanks Peli!)
- Minor bug fix: BUG 14: any mouse button click, except left click, on the window drag area would cause a crash
- Support Windows XP (requested by Sergoreg, Thanks!)
- BUG #12: Fixed NullReferenceException on xaps that claim that have icons, but don't actually have the icon in the xap
- BUG: Fixed a bug affecting the initial positioning of the left shadow
- BUG: Fixed opening a file from File Browser with double click (using "openas" caused only unrecognised files to work, while recognised file types were ignored)
- You can now navigate the File Browser with the keyboard, hitting Enter will open a file similar to double click
- Shadow windows will no longer appear in Alt+Tab
- Added Maximise / Minimise / Restore buttons to go along with the window that can be resized
- Window can now be resized, only really useful in the file browser
- Different shadows. If you're interested in why, read the comment in WindowShadow.cs
- Fixed a typo. Took longer to write this line.
- Added Drag & Drop support, you can now drag files to and from the file browser (for example, you can drag a file into Explorer to download it to your machine instead of using the buttons, and vice versa)
- You can even drag & drop between apps in IsolatedStorage (right in the browser)
- We now use the "openas" verb when double clicking on a file in the file browser, which means that Windows will prompt you for a program to use to view unrecognised files.
- New icon
- BUG #10: Added message specific to missing methods from CoreCon
- Fixed visual glitch with thin white lines on either side of button text
- BUG #9: eliminate MessageBox flood when triggering recursive exceptions.
- BUG #6: when double clicking on a file we should always overwrite to make sure sure we don't get stale files (thanks Gordon!)
- You can now edit app names. Especially useful for Apps with GUIDs for names (since we can't read app names from the device)
- More human readable exception messages for SmartDeviceExceptions
- User Request: Added option in Connection dialog to elevate current process so that you can use the tools to connect to an elevated emulator (usually launched from an elevated VS).
- Lowered minimum supported build to 7600 to support users who still haven't upgraded to the RC SDK
- Added more detailed message in the u
Where is download?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I don't see any DOWNLOAD button!
on Feb 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM
on Jan 31, 2016 at 3:23 AM
Muy bueno, me funcionado perfectamente.
on Feb 17, 2014 at 10:34 PM
This is an essential tool for WP7 development. A big thank you!
on Jun 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM
on Feb 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Excellent, this is a tool that is a must to utilize. This may also convince those developers who don't test upgrades to actually do so and keep the apps working. Thank you for taking the time to put this together!
on Jan 11, 2012 at 5:55 AM
This is a totally brilliant tool. I can now make sure that an upgrade doesn't break an existing installation!
on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM
Great for test and development.
on Oct 17, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Just installed. Zune is running and the WP7 is connected properly.
But I just get "Connection Error! Message: 0x89731813" for the real device; my Emulator is too old. Will do an update and adjusting this review of course ;-)
on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:39 AM
i cant download it
on Sep 29, 2011 at 7:37 PM
CRUD operations on isolated storage = WIN
on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM
The ability to test update scenarios easily makes it a must-have tool for wp7 devs.
on Sep 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.