Newly updated version of the tools that supports Windows 8 and the Windows Phone 8 SDK. This version should work with both WP 7.5 devices / emulators and the WP8 devices and emulators.
Please note! The profiler feature is in Beta and is missing some basic fit, finish and polish, please report bugs and feature requests on our issue tracker (http://wptools.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic
- Bug #61 - fixed the issue with deleting files from IsoStore
- Some clean up
- Fixed a bunch of Isolated Storage explorer issues, both with Modern and non-Modern applications. Thanks to various people for the bug reports.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, adding support for Windows Phone 8.1
- I was hoping this would just get into the official product. Next time maybe?
- Removed the profiler now that it ships in-box with the Phone tools
- Support Windows 8.1 + VS 2013 without VS 2012 installed
- Removed all references to System.Web
- Cut down download size from 3.2MB to 0.4MB
- Removed dependency on Web.Mvc
- Fixed escaping of etl paths when opening them in wpa
- Removed debug code that was causing a crash when configuring the profiler for the first time
- Slight tweak to the standard trace session to collect CPU usage
- Added prompt to restart the Power Tools after profiler installation (CoreCon needs to be refreshed)
- Fixed profiler analytics
- After quite a bit of work the profiler is finally here! It's a full(ish) ETW profiler that gives you near complete control over your profiling sessions. It's still in Beta, here are some caveats / coming features which should all be fixed in future versions:
- ETLs are saved to My Documents
- ETLs are always, automatically, opened in WPA
- There is no way to add custom providers
- There is no way of saving a custom scenario to use again
- You can stop an in-progress profiler, but you can't cancel one
- There isn't much documentation - but I'm working on it. Volunteers?
- Bug 35: Fixed incorrect url for reporting issues - thanks OmegaMan!
- Some small amounts of code cleanup and performance fixes
- BUG 28: The fix to bug 27 caused an internal exception when trying to get file data for WP7 which broke the IsolatedStorage explorer for WP7. This is now fixed, though WP7 is stuck with limited file information (while WP8 has the full set).
- BUG 27: Fixed issue where some file properties were not being displayed in the Remote Isolated Storage explorer
- BUG 26: Cap number of remembered xaps at a reasonable cap (100). There is also infrastructure to make this configurable in the future.
- Some slight tweaks to the elevate button to make it more visible
Since we haven't heard about any blocking issues this version is also being marked as release. yay!v 2.03 Beta
v 2.02 Beta
- Removed dependency on Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure that was blocking some installs (bug #25)
- UI tweaks
- All previous xaps are remembered and displayed in a ListBox for your future selection
- Analytics are now disabled for debug builds or when running under debugger
v 2.0.1 Beta
- Added analytics to figure out what areas are most used and need more attention
- 1st round of feedback from David Rickard (thanks!)
- File selection textbox now stretches with the window
- Tweaked unhandled exception message
- Window size and position are now restored on launch
v 2.0 Beta
- Removed manifest signing to clear up future upgrade paths
- Fixed Bug #23 which blocked the tool running on ZH-CN
- Rewrote IsolatedStorage Drag and Drop to make it a lot more robust
- Support for both WP7.5 and WP8 (device + emulator)
- New UI (still rough around the edges)
- Actions on a background thread
- More UI refinement
- More detailed error messages to match new error codes